Gingerbread House Candy Store in Disney’s Grand Floridian Lobby!
I have a special holiday tip for you. There is a 16-foot Gingerbread House that is a candy store! It is so exciting to see and is located in the lobby at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa®. I love to purchase a roof shingle, which is a large piece of gingerbread shaped like the gingerbread house roof. Then I like to sit down. It takes a while for everything to soak in. It is so very magical in the lobby. There are lots of Christmas Decorations, an extra large Christmas tree, and during certain times of the day, there is an orchestra playing. I cannot believe the tender loving care which goes into the decorating of The Grand Floridian Resort and Spa’s® Lobby. It is overwhelming when you first walk in and see the decorations, tree and gingerbread house. Next, you can smell the gingerbread, oh it smells so good! When the orchestra is playing it is like the cherry on top of ice cream!
Gingerbread House Roof Shingle
Gingerbread House in Disney’s Grand Floridian Lobby!
Decorations and Gingerbread House in Disney’s Grand Floridian Lobby!
This is such a treat to visit here during the Holidays. This is on my “do not miss” things to do. I usually call to see when the orchestra is playing and then plan when I would like to go. There are also Photo Pass Photographers in the lobby to take photos in front of the large tree. This is somewhere I like to spend more than thirty minutes at. I could stay all day but, only stay a couple of hours. Yes, I really do stay a couple of hours just in the lobby but, there are also many places to eat at too. Take my tip and do not miss this you will really enjoy it here it is filled with bright pixie dust!
For more information call: 1-407-934-7639 for reservations to stay or visit: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/
There is no better time to go to The Walt Disney World® Resort than the holiday’s. My family and I love to go during that special time! It just does not feel like Christmas to me unless I am able to visit during this time of year. If you and your family are going to the Walt Disney World® Resort during Christmas it is time to start planning now. Early planning is the way to reserve your favorite restaurants and resorts, parties and tours. Everything fills up so quickly! I guess everyone loves Disney at the holiday’s with so many special things and entertainment going on. Here is a list of some of the special activities:
- New this year is Mickey and his friends decked out in all their holiday gear at Hollywood and Vine in The Hollywood Studios. This buffet also includes special seating at Fantasmic!
- The Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights, which are one of my favorites. I must have a hot chocolate and then watch the lights on New York Street. (A hot chocolate is $5 but, you get to keep the souvenir cup!).
- Holidays Around the World at Epcot. How all of the different countries celebrate the season!
- Candlelight Processional with Celebrity Narrators located in Epcot. This is beautiful!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party~~located in Magic Kingdom. Another family favorite~~make sure and purchase your tickets early as many dates sell out!
- Many holiday meals in different restaurants! Make your reservations early!
Make sure and have a magical trip! I know with everything going on it will be very special for you and your family. That is what it is all about family memories with fun! Do not forget to show your #DisneySide too!